Getting dental implants is a huge convenience since they offer a permanence and stability that other treatments do not. While many people believe that it is quite painful to get implants, the truth is that it is not. In fact, if you follow some simple and easy instructions, the pain is relatively low and the…
Dental Implants Can Replace Missing Teeth
Dental Implants replace can missing teeth, permanently!
Did you know…
- Dental implants are not painful. True, it is surgery, and there may be some nominal discomfort associated with the surgery, but the extent to which this procedure will hurt will depend on the difficulty of your unique situation, your ability to heal well, and the skill and training of your oral surgeon. Pain should not be a factor in your decision-making process. In fact, most patients end up using over-the-counter pain relief such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen after surgery.
- Implants are made of titanium, the same material used in joint replacements. A typical implant consists of a titanium screw, which resembles a tooth root with a roughened or smooth surface. Most dental implants are made out of commercially pure titanium, which is available in 4 grades depending upon the amount of carbon and iron contained. More recently grade 5 titanium has increased in use.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require grinding down other teeth, as bridges do. Because surrounding teeth are not altered to support the implant, your other teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved speech. Teeth can slip within the mouth with poor-fitting dentures causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures because they become a part of you.
- Easier eating. Loose dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth and allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
Visit Leardi Family Dentistry for dental implant restoration. This is the best way to replace teeth that have been lost due to an accident or decay. A dental implant is an effective way for replacing teeth because it is the only solution where an implant is surgically secured to the jawbone, thereby replacing the root…
If you are looking for a dentist, do not simply schedule an appointment with the dentist closest to your home or office. Location is only one factor worth considering. Here's a look at everything else you should consider when selecting a dentist.Anyone who lives far away from the dentist that he or she is considering,…
Smile like you did when you were a child. Dental implants can repair a smile and make it look as good as new. Call us for more details today!If you have experienced tooth loss, dental implants are a permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. We create beautiful looking teeth that are as strong and durable…